The Ultimate Guide to Buying a Faster and Better Espresso Machine: La Marzocco GS3 MP Manual Paddle Espresso Machine!
The La Marzocco GS3 MP Manual Paddle Espresso Machine is a top-of-the-line espresso machine that has all of the features and functionality to make your coffee experience extraordinary. This manual machine makes it easy for you to focus on what’s important: brewing espresso. The La Marzocco GS3 MP Manual Paddle Espresso Machine is perfect for those who enjoy making specialty drinks such as macchiatos, lattes, cappuccinos, or Americanos.
What are the features of the La Marzocco GS3 MP Manual Paddle Espresso Machine?
Some of the features that I really liked about this machine were the following:
- It has an automatic volumetric dosing system which makes it super easy to use, just enter in how many shots you would like and the machine will dose the exact amount of water needed each time automatically! No more having to guess how much coffee you need or using a scale every time you make espresso. This was definitely one of my favorite features.
- The machine also has a pre-infusion system which gives the coffee grounds a few seconds of contact with water before the pump kicks in, this helps to extract more flavor and crema from the coffee.
- It’s made out of high-quality materials like stainless steel and brass so it will last for many years without rusting or corroding.
Why would I want to buy an espresso machine?
The La Marzocco GS is a great machine for anyone looking to buy their first espresso machine or upgrade from a budget machine. It has a sleek design, and it’s easy to use with the manual paddle. The GS also comes with some great features, like digital temperature control and pre-infusion. This makes it possible to get the perfect cup of espresso every time. Plus, the MP model offers even more flexibility, thanks to the manual paddle. So if you’re looking for better shots and more customization options, the La Marzocco GS is definitely worth considering!
- Dimensions: 36.85” H x 16″ W x 13.75” D
- Volume: 12 Liters (single group) 24 liters (dual group)
- Weight: 110 lbs – Color Choices: Silver or Black
- Number of Groups: 1
- Dual boilers
- Single internal rotary pump
- PID Temperature Controller
- Pre-heating System: On/off lever
- Display & Programming: LCD with buttons
- Body Panel: Stainless steel
- 14″H (17.5″: MP) x 16″W x 21″D
- Weight (lbs): 72.75 lbs
- Voltage (VAC): Runs on 110 volts, so it plugs into home outlets
- Amperage (A): 15
- Element Wattage: 1600
- Coffee Boiler (liters): 1.5
- Steam Boiler (liters): 3.5
- Industry professional installation and set up required
- Water filtration is sold separately
Conical Paddle: A feature on the MP configuration, the conical valve system assures progressive control of water flow and pressure via an internal orifice, before applying full pressure. The paddle valve controls pre-infusion while the volumetric pump is working at full pressure, allowing the barista to perform pre-infusion on one group while the other is extracting coffee. This dynamic system allows the barista to reduce channeling for a more balanced extraction.
WATER CONNECTIONS OPTIONS:
- Water Reservoir: The reservoir is the water tank an espresso machine pulls water from to fill its boilers. Having a reservoir means a machine can be more portable and work in homes where plumbing isn’t an option.
- Direct Plumb: Direct plumbing means you can hook a machine directly to a water line and never have to worry about refilling your reservoir again. These machines also allow you to connect the drip tray to a drain so you don’t have to make that tightrope walk to the sink.
IT CONNECTED FEATURES:
The new “connected machine” feature is standard with all new GS/3’s and allows machine owners to connect to their machines via the new La Marzocco Home App. Using the app, home baristas will have the ability to engage with a variety of features on their machine, including:
- Remote ability to turn the machine on or off
- Creation of an on/off schedule
- Boiler temperature status and control
- Enabling and setting pre-brewing on/off times
- Machine Stats & Total Shot Counter
- The setting of auto-volumetrics on the GS3 by number of “pulses”
- Stainless Steel Body Panels with Standard Black Side Panels
- Black Body Panels with Standard Black Side Panels
- White Body Panels with Standard Black Side Panels
- Stainless Steel Body Panels with Walnut Side Panels, Walnut Group Cap, Walnut Steam Knob, Walnut Paddle, and Walnut Portafilter
- Stainless Steel Body Panels with Maple Side Panels, Maple Group Cap, Maple Steam Knob, Maple Paddle, and Maple Portafilter
- Black Body Panels with Walnut Side Panels, Walnut Group Cap, Walnut Steam Knob, Walnut Paddle, and Walnut Portafilter
- Black Body Panels with Maple Side Panels, Maple Group Cap, Maple Steam Knob, Maple Paddle, and Maple Portafilter
- White Body Panels with Walnut Side Panels, Walnut Group Cap, Walnut Steam Knob, Walnut Paddle, and Walnut Portafilter
- White Body Panels with Maple Side Panels, Maple Group Cap, Maple Steam Knob, Maple Paddle, and Maple Portafilter
WHAT’S IN THE BOX?
- Portafilter Baskets: 7 gram, 14, gram, 17 gram, 21 gram, Blind
- Standard European La Marzocco Convex Tamper
- Double & Single Spouted Portafilters
- Installation Guide/ User Guide
- Purocaf Cleaning Solution
- GS3 Plumb Kit & 2.5-liter Water Reservoir